Basic HACCP Training
Basic HACCP Training : This half day food hygiene course and is applicable to anyone generally working in the area of food preparation and delivery.
Cost: € 80 Per Person
Duration: Half day
- To gain a knowledge of the legislation covering food hygiene and the HACCP system.
- To study the risks involved with food handling, and how to minimize these risks.
Who Is This Course Intended For?
- Any employees whose job entails the handling of food or food preparation.
- Employees from the hotel and catering industry would be ideal candidates for this course.
Legal requirements for HACCP
Hygiene of Premises and Equipment
Safe Food Handling
Traceability of food
Rodents and Pests
Course 2 - INTERMEDIATE FOOD HYGIENE (HACCP) COURSE
Cost: €160 Per Person
This course is intended for those who have responsibility for managing food safety, those who prepare food by way of preparation, service of food, handling and storage.
Attendees will be trained in the following:
- The importance of food hygiene
- Bacterial contamination
- Correct food storage and delivery method
- Hygienic food preparation
- The importance of personal hygiene
- The importance of workplace hygiene
- The basic principles of HACCP
- Food Poisoning
- Control of Bacterial Growth
- How temperature affects Bacterial Growth
- Source of Bacteria
- High risk foods
- Food Contamination
- Bacterial contamination, direct & indirect
- Physical contamination
- Chemical contamination
- Common Food Poisoning Bacteria
Food Delivery & Storage
- Food suppliers
- Inspect all goods
- Food storage
- Dry Good Stores
- Refrigerated storage
- Freezer storage
- Refrigeration Temperatures
- Defrosting of frozen foods
- Cooling food
- Common causes of food poisoning
- Important times and temperatures
- The importance of Personal Hygiene
- Personal Hygiene and food poisoning
- What is a Carrier?
- Personal Hygiene and the law
- Personal Hygiene requirements for the Food Workers
Food Premises and Pest Control
- Structural Hygiene
- Service requirements
- Roll of the Health Board
- Common Food Pests
- Rodents - Sign of activity
- Insects - Sign of activity
- Pest Control
- Reasons for cleaning
- Cleaning definitions
- Safety and cleaning
- Care of cleaning equipment
- Cleaning Steps / Cycles
- Introduction to HACCP
- What is HACCP
- Potential Hazards
- 5 Basic Steps of HACCP
- Review the HACCP System when
- Importance of HACCP
What is HACCP ?
HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) is a food safety management system used by food businesses. It identifies the steps that are critical to food safety and helps the business implement safety measures to reduce the risks to health.
- Identifying the hazards associated with food businesses
- Identifying CCP (Critical Control Points)
- Establishing limits for each CCP
- Establish and implement monitoring procedures
- Establish Corrective action procedures
- Establish Verification procedures
- Establish documentation and records